Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Garden Spot in Copley Square

St. Francis Garden, Trinity Church  ©Lynn Schweikart
On my way home from a meeting, I paused for a few moments to savor one of my favorite peaceful places: the St. Francis Garden at Trinity Church.

I sat on the low stone wall at the garden's edge and watched the sparrows cavorting in the birdbath -- lots of chattering and splashing! The garden itself is a dazzling display of green and white. The roses are in bloom, the hostas and hydrangeas, in full bud, are getting ready to join the show.

This tiny oasis is planted and lovingly cared for by members of the congregation and the church's facilities staff. It's been regularly honored in the city's annual garden contest.

A few moments of quiet refreshment: listening to the fountain, delighting in the gentle breeze, and the coolness of the granite beneath me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynn! I read about your new book in the Beacon Hill Times and am intrigued. I would love to review it for my blog which has many young Boston readers. Do you have copies to send for review? Here's my email: Rachael.Ringenberg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete